Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I spent my 27th birthday in Arizona this year, and it was awesome. I got taken out to dinner with my in-laws the night before my birthday. Then we went to an exhibit at the Mesa Temple Visitor Center. (Reflections of Christ -- which was absolutely amazing). And we topped off the night with some Bahama Bucks, which is some amazing Arizona shaved ice.

But the fun never ended. My sister-in-law bought me some amazing red shelves for my front room, and my husband took me for a night on the town ("The town, A.K.A, "The Gap.") We left Quinn asleep at home with Grandma and Grandpa and headed to a gap outlet a few minutes away. I ran through the store like a crazy person and pretended that I was rich and could have anything I wanted. I wanted most of it. But the best part was when the store was about to close and the lights went low and an employee pulled me aside and whispered like we were in a spy movie, "Follow me. I have a coupon for you."

I'm not crazy. Of course, I followed her. (Tim was in the front of the store playing Sidoku on his iPhone.) When we got to the "the spot," she handed me a folded up print out of a friends and family coupon. 25 percent off everything in the store for the next three days. I had a heart attack and ran even faster through the store for one last sweep.

When all was said and done, I walked up to the registered with about $250 worth of goods. My coupon brought things down to $170, and a gift card brought the total down to $93! Happy birthday to me thanks to a creepy Gap employee and my very patient husband.

2 comments: