Thursday, February 2, 2017

Great day -- hiking, sliding, drinking, working, folding, watching

It was a great day. I got the kids off to school -- after sitting in the car 20 minutes waiting for the defrost -- and after I scraped and scraped the windshield with no success. But then I was off on a winter hike with Joanna. It was beautiful. It was 15 degrees, which is ironic because all the days I didn't hike this week were like 50 degrees. But it was quiet, white, and amazing. I wore little spikes that you wear over your shoes, and they made a nice grip on the icy trail -- until they didn't because one fell off and I only had traction on one foot. Of course that was when we hit the north/dark/icy side of the hike and started heading down hill. I was slipping and laughing my tail off. I think the cold made me delirious. But then Joanna started falling too -- and I really lost it. She would scream like someone getting eaten by a bear. I died. Then I started just sitting down and sliding down the really icy parts -- and we both lost it. Not sure why, but I truly saw the bright side. Joanna took a pic of me on the ground at the bottom of the last slide. It helped that I was wearing these crazy way too tight and thick leggings from Costco -- they are super human because I never got wet or very cold in my legs from all the sliding. Anyway we ended the hike with a hard hot cocoa at a new cafe.

The day goes on with all kinds of things -- sick kid -- a pre-school director who told me to come get my 2-year-old because he won't cover his mouth -- a work meeting -- more hot drinks -- laundry to fold and shows to watch. Spirits are high.

Tomorrow we've got a play date here with 6 friends -- so happy to stay in and stay warm.

More laughter is surely coming my way.

Jill Fellow
801.735.7416

No comments:

Post a Comment