Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's -- Over the Top surprises

I never think about Valentines. To me it is a day for my kids to think about my mom who loves hearts. If I am close to a dollar store, I buy things to decorate the breakfast table, and maybe I make a fun meal. That's the end. The rest is kid stuff. Tim even schedule a work dinner for Valentine's this year, and I didn't blink an eye.

Well, he came home on Valentine's EVE with steaks and dinner. What a treat, right? We cooked and ate and watched TV, and I thought, "Wow, what a wonderful Valentine's with my man!"

Then, I woke up this morning and could hear all kinds of noises from the kids down stairs, and I couldn't remember hearing Tim leave for the day. I had left out cards for the kids from Grammy -- they must have been musical. I also put out cute Valentine's paper plates, a gift Grammy sent for Charlie (since his card didn't have a crisp $5 bill), and a few red candy corns. Kenna came up and really wanted me to come down. I thought this was cute since there was clearly no need for me in the meager celebration. I asked why she needed me down there. "So we can eat the Strawberries. With chocolate." What?

I head down, and it was surprise after surprise. Tim was there for one, which was a shock since he usually leaves at 5 am. he was cooking French toast and bacon. I turned and saw flowers on the table. The girls were drinking juice out of champagne glasses, and there were plate of berries and chocolate covers strawberries everywhere. Tim was pouring a Mimosa for me, and everyone was laughing and playing with their musical cards.

Later after we ate, and walked in to the office to prep for my 9 am class. Next to my computer was a GIANT bottle of my favorite Scotch. This thing is CARTOON big. I laughed my ass off and felt so grateful for a silly surprise on a silly day from my man who really is my partner, my love, and my friend. Thanks, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment