Saturday, August 1, 2015

Diving boards and sunburns

It's been a long week of driving and stopping and playing and learning and vacationing. But yesterday I spent time with one of my best friends practicing our dives on a diving board and getting sunburned at the pool. I got to feel like a little kid. Four of my own little kids around me, but still present with the little kid in me. My friends and I talk big about growth and change, journeys and truth and peace, but at its core we just want to feel alive in our bodies. To feel free. To have choices. To make the world safer and better for our sun burned children.

This morning we went to aerial yoga, took our kids to a drum circle, ate Indian food and walked into a shiny, 3-day-old Costco. Sigh.

And now I am nursing my baby.

It's a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment