Saturday, February 14, 2009

More Baby Names -- Mckenna and Sydney in the race

I am a little crazy about the baby name stuff these days. It won't go away. I think about the baby and her lack of a name all the time, and I even call her "no name" when I refer to her.

And I feel like I am becoming a bit like my mom during this pregnancy. My wonderful mom is the kind of lady who can't fall back asleep in the night because she has something on her mind. That is NOT me. But for now it is, so I need to deal with it. Maybe if we get closer to figuring this out, I can sleep. If not, I'll need more Unisome, which would work as a sleep aid but clearly not as a name for my baby girl.

Eden has fallen out of favor in my head. I am not sure where that came from, but it is basically gone. I think.

We've been talking a lot about Sydney. I LOVE this name, and so does Tim. But it has the same problem that Avery has. It is getting too popular. We would use Avery for our baby's main name in a heart beat if it was still as rare as it was when Jan and Don named Avery Fellow (I). But it is not anymore. It is right there on the list at about the Top 30 to 40 in the country, right next to Sydney.

Last night, I put in my very nice suggestions of Taylor and Kennedy again. And Tim said, "Ah, no way. Never." And Kennedy, "Ah, no way. Never." Sadness. Resentment. But OK. I surrender. For now.

My sister-in-law is pretty tricky with her names. She just picks one and talks about it as the baby's name for 5 months, and Owen just wears down. I used to be against this method, but I think it is growing on me. She also -- for Hadyn -- used the method of teaching her older daughter that Hadyn was, in fact, the name. Taryn said it so often that is just became common place.

I ask Quinn everyday what she wants to name the baby. She has no response, (but sometimes she pokes my boob after I ask because she thinks that is wear her baby is.)

This morning I randomly fell in love with the name McKenna. I can't remember how it happen. But it is only 8:19 and I have already searched for name frequency online, looked it up in the name book, and blogged about it. I think I love it. It is popular. But it is going down in popularity, so my daughter will probably not have too many in her class with it. The baby name warns that there are so many variations of this name that the actual name I like, "McKenna" might not end up on a top 100 list, but if I combine all the "sounds like" names it would be #1. I'm not sure I care. I love it. Tim is not sure. I'll use the Katie method a little and get back to you.

So, the latest update (according to me and my list) is:

1) Avery Mckenna

2) Avery Mae (to be called Avery or to be called Mae)

3) Avery Elizabeth (to be called Lizza)

4) Lucy MacAllister (to be called Lucy and Lucy Mac after Lucy Mack, who was Joseph Smith's mother)

5) Sydney (middle or first name to be decided.)


P.S. How cute is Quinn and Mckenna together? Sounds great


P.P.S. Quinn gets dilerious while she watches Elmo, and she sometimes leans and rubs up to things or puts her head on things. Right now she is rubbing her head on my big toe nail. SO Odd.

1 comment:

  1. What happened to Liza??? But nevermind that because as much as I LOVE the name Avery my vote is with Lucy MacAllister....I LOVE the name Lucy and Lucy Mac is REALLY cute...that's my two cents : ) Whatever you name her I can't wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete