Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pull Ups

When I woke up on Tuesday morning, I decided that this family is done with Pull Ups. Basically, Kenna is dry every morning, and so I am wasting 25 cents a day. AND I am worried that if I do not pull the Pull Ups soon, she will decide, "What's the point? and start peeing anyway. This, of course, is what happen to Quinn and one of the reasons she is about to turn 5 and soaking wet every morning. Another 25 cents a day. Nice.

So, we had a big girl party for both girls Tuesday night with cupcakes. We set up big girl/ No Pull Up beds on the floor -- and I placed a huge pile of towels and blankets next to Quinn's bed. After she woke of 3 times wet in the night, that pile was empty by morning. Nice. Lots of Laundry.

But Kenna has stayed dry both nights, and she gets out of bed to use the toilet in the night. Wonderful!

I think Quinn might be making some progress. She woke up wet at 2 a.m. this morning, and she was only half wet. So maybe the pee is starting to wake her up. So, I think we are finally in a place where she is ready to learn how to not be a bed wetter. She never cared before, and now I think she is ready to try. Hopefully it will not kill her little spirit that Kenna is much more successful in this endeavor. Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment