Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Trip Part 1

We are several days into our Thanksgiving Adventure 2013. We are having a great time and as are in love as ever. Life and marriage both have their ups and downs. Right now is an up for both, and I feel a lot of gratitude in my soul for the 4 people I spend all my time with. We sometimes drove each other crazy. But right now I feel extra tapped into love and patience.

We left Thursday night to avoid a storm. We made it to Arizona by midnight and hung out with Jan and Don until 1:30 am laughing and playing with the kids. We slept in, of course.

It rained the two days we were there. Yuck. But that gave us time and just and be together. We tried to take the kids on a train ride at the park -- but apparently Arizonans melt, and so they closed the train. The kids chased ducks instead. We spent a lot of time playing with cousins and playing dominos with Jan and Don. We saw Drake play a great game of basketball, I hit the outlets, and the kids got to go swimming.

We hit the road by 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Great, easy drive and a surprise visit to the Crvelin girls. Loved spending the morning at the park with my sister. In the afternoon, Tim and I took Quinn and McKenna on a hike -- and spent most of our time playing in a tree.

Monday was picture day. I was freaking out most the day. There was shopping to do and a sun set to watch for. In the middle of that I thought it would be fun to complicate my life by getting Quinn's ears pierced. The pictures went great, and I was relieved it was over! :)

Today we spent the day with Grammy doing errands and playing with art supplies. We finished the day with a really fun trip to the beach. I thought is would be a little too chilly for the water, but the girls jumped in like the ocean was a got spring. No complaints of cold water. They loved it! More thanksgiving fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment