Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Strapped to a bed and thinking of laughter

Well, yet another one of my babies pooped in the womb -- so they wouldn't let me labor at home. I'm at the hospital where they bullied me in to pitocin by saying I could still walk around -- and then strapped me to the bed with monitors. Fluids everywhere. Contractions started right before they started the drip, and baby is super happy and active.

So, it is what it is, and I always enjoy this time hanging out with my man. I was remembering that during a few of my other births, the nurse would run in frantically because one of my monitors would freak out -- because I was laughing hysterically with my loved ones in the room. So as I sit here now, I think of all the people who crack me up and make my life truly worth living -- those that have been here and those who have had to "watch" from home. I feel blessed and loved to be able to look back at so many awesome people. I love you!

So, here I sit. At least 5 cm. A bit of pit. And no drugs ... Yet. Laughter on my mind.

Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment