Thursday, August 27, 2015

Something Only a Mom Remembers

Lots of people will remember that tomorrow is Charlie's 1st birthday and the last first birthday in our family. People are awesome and wonderful in that way.

This morning I was feeding my little man at 5:30 a.m. and I was thinking about how exactly one year ago, I woke up and my water broke. I was panicked and happy and excited. And the next 20 hours were thrown into motion. The first step of course was to call my mom. She got on a plane by 10 a.m. and touched down in Nashville before the first drop of pitocin. So I remembered that this morning in my own private little memory.

And then my mom called this morning a few hours after that early feeding, and she left a voicemail with the very same memory -- who else is willing to celebrate with you 24 hours early? The whole process? Start to finish? The real story?

My awesome. That is who.

No comments:

Post a Comment