Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy Crazy Truck Lover

Charlie is crazy. Ever since he learned to walk he just seems taller and bigger. he is always sort of falling forward as he runs through the house. He'll play with anything -- girl toys boy toys whatever. But mostly he loves anything that says vroom vroom. He loves cars and trucks, and sometimes he carries around one of Lizza's yellow boots. He likes to play in the pantry and knock the food off the shelves. Likes to play in the box with all the cups and plates. He decides every day what he likes to eat and what he doesn't like to eat. But so far he and I really enjoy our morning ritual of making scrambled eggs in grass fed butter. He holds a wooden spoon in his highchair and I use a wooden spoon to stir the eggs and he giggles a lot. Today we went to the zoo on a snowy cold day. He laughed his head off on the swings, and he's starting to get that these animals are alive. He enjoyed the goats. He didn't seem to be afraid of them, but it was almost as if he had a healthy respect. The littlest goat was definitely bigger than he is. Some days I get sad when I think that a day will come where I don't remember these days. The truth is I don't remember these days for Quinn or for Kenna, and the memories of baby Lizza are floating away. It makes me sad. But then I remember that all that joy built a relationship and a long lasting love and a reason to keep living and that's why people do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment