Friday, January 27, 2017

A friend pees on a stick

I saw one of my best friends in Colorado today, and she was having some pretty crazy symptoms. And, she had not Peed on the stick… I could not have that. So I demanded that she go buy a P stick -- and some soup of course -- and come right back to take a test. So we had a little lunch and then I gave her a pee catcher just in case, and she Peed on the stick and called me in. The line showed up faster than I've ever seen it, and we cheered and got teary and sent pictures and texts to her husband.

It brought back 1 million happy memories of these kinds of moments in my own life and of those of my friends. Multiple friends who told me before their husbands and swore me to secrecy forever that I knew first. Celebrating with infertile friends who finally saw the line. Calling Bridget and then my grandmother when i was pregnant with Quinn, and shopping for a way to tell Tim. Texts of celebration pee sticks -- and my own pee catcher that I used for 9 years ;) -- there is a lot of memory and magic in all of it.

Later when I told Quinn that my friend was expecting a baby she asked me all kinds of questions. And when she realize that the friend had just found out and she had found out at our house, I could see in her eyes that she felt my same joy. It felt amazing to be part of the start of someone's miracle.

Jill Fellow
801.735.7416

No comments:

Post a Comment