Sunday, August 3, 2014

Coming together -- nesting and friend making

The last few days have felt more normal. I don't love my new home -- but my house at least is starting to feel like home now, and that is a very powerful change of events. Still trying to figure out how to squeeze ALL of my kids' crap into a little house. I know the answer is "throw stuff away," and I am open to that. But decluttering takes time on your hands and knees when no one is looking to scream at you about what you are throwing out. I don't have the energy for either. I was thinking of giving Quinn and Kenna each a trash bag for Good Will and tell them they get $5 if they can fill it up. I'm for sure doing this with their clothes. I guess toys or clothes, it still gets rid of a lot. So that is that.

Started napping this weekend, and it is going splendidly. The End.

Washed my baby's newborn clothes today, and I just want to stare at them all day. I would post pictures -- but those pics with be cuter when he is IN them, right. Hard to tell how VERY small they are.

Hit Old Navy this weekend with my receipts from the uniform shopping and made $30. And then bought a baby outfit for a friend and room advantage of no sales tax in Tennessee this week on clothes purchases. Those who know me will understand in this is fun for me on so many levels.

And well, my feet are still swollen and hurting. A reminder to sit down I guess.

And so today I spent 2 hours just sitting in my new glider looking at the baby's room and nesting with my mind and with my hand on the Amazon "buy with 1 click" feature on my phone. Not sure what's coming and when, but at the time it all seemed super cute. I think there is a blanket, crib skirt, nursing pillow, and "sleeping baby" sign involved. We'll see :)

And today was the first day I didn't need a single pain pill for my slipped rib. This is a big victory for me. The pain is not much less than it has been, but I've been able to channel my feelings and energy in ways that help cope (as I said in a previous post.) I think it also helps with coping as the due date -- August 21 -- inches closer. Getting close to closing day, people. A close to this amazing 8 year journey of baby making. And a close to lots of this pain, hopefully.

Coming up this week we've got the first two days of school, a big lunch date with my 3 girls at Waffle House, two play dates with new friends,!and a general feeling of being loved and supported by friends -- old and new -- and all kinds of family. Included in that is the counting down to a package from my amazing cousin who let me go crazy on her company's baby supplies catalogue. Family rocks. She rocks. Baby au lait rocks.

Welcome, baby. I can't wait to meet my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment