Monday, October 20, 2014

Surprises

The mail was REALLY good to us today. First we got a set of Fed Ex envelopes in the mail. My heart sank that they were documents for some loan we need in order to get through school. I hate borrowing money! But, Hazzah, it was a letter and a check from our bank saying they messed up on the closing documents for our cabin (bought in 2011) and they charged us too much. We got a check for the difference -- plus interest. Our cabin is the gift that keeps on giving!

THEN I found a huge box on the back porch that was filled with awesome gifts from friends at a church we went to in Ouray. The people at St. John's were so good to us, and it is inspiring that they have not forgotten us. I was not in a place to give to them at the time, but that never mattered to them. Like I said, inspiring! I think I will forever be a better church/community member because of the example of all our friends in Ouray! The box was full of toys, books, and clothes for Charlie -- Broncos jammies, a superman costume, an awesome hiking outfit. Plus there was a hand-knitted prayer shall for me. Totally something I would love. How would they know that?

Plus, I am still recovering from the complete joy of the box we got from
Ouray friends last week. Cutest hat for Charlie with a Colorado flag. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment