Saturday, October 25, 2014

Great days in Goodlettsville

I don't really understand it, but I am suddenly kind of in love with Nashville. It's strange. Maybe it's the change in weather -- from horribly hot to a perfect Ouray day. Or maybe it is having a few friends, finding a few farms to buy real food, attending a nice church, enjoying time to read, or getting into a general rhythm of life.

Today we went to soccer -- which I didn't hate. And then I drove around for two hours -- to take Quinn to her soccer party and stop at a farm to buy a bushel of apples. We drove through Cross Plains -- which is filled with farms and fall-changing trees and large properties with ponds and country fences. It was beautiful and peaceful.

I am weaning from Zoloft this week -- last half dose yesterday. So, if I suddenly hate Nashville again in a few days -- be concerned. But I think I'll be fine. In general, I have just been really content with where we are. I miss Ouray, my friend Melissa, people and things in Utah, being close enough to Palos Verdes and on and on. But here I have Lizza 9 hours away, the hope of a trip to Florida, long drives, a great climbing gym, and a new work phone that works ok so far. I'm finding joy in little things like these -- and that is awesome.

I think I still hate suburbs -- but I'm seeing that Goodlettsville is only suburb on one side and is all country awesomeness on the other. I even told Tim today that we could move to Texas if we needed to for a job -- we researched San Antonia together -- he declined ... Quickly. LOL. But, hey, I was willing.

So, life is good. I'm also doing a lot of reading and thinking about the spiritual legacy I want to give my children. As part of this I'm considering and pondering my own beliefs and faith. This creates some high highs and some low lows in my life. It's hard and stressful -- but I embrace it. I know this is not a hard topic for many people in my life. But I have always been wracked. I'm returning to some confusing places --
Places I have been to at all ages of my life. Here we go again. But I think I'll get somewhere eventually.

I'm planning a family wall for our home. It's a wall that represents our family culture, traditions, and faith. It will have quotes and pictures, goals and celebrations. A place for everyone to express themselves. I'm excited. And as a family this week -- we've been pondering the idea of Namaste -- the light in me honors the light in you. That's pretty much all i have in my faith right now. But it works, and it brings great energy to our home. I think it will be the foundation of our family wall and of our family for next couple of years.

That's me right now, folks. That's me.

So Namaste. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment