Thursday, November 6, 2014

Super Mom in the Veggie Kitchen

I started my juice cleanse on Saturday. I prepped all last week buying vegetables and preparing to drink juice and eat only fruits, veggies, and nuts during November as I prepare my body and my heart for the holiday season. But it just wasn't much fun this year. Usually I get really excited and motivated -- but I think I still have the nursing munchies and knew I couldn't really starve myself the way I enjoy in Novembers past. The saddest part was that 5 days in, I was totally UN-inspired and not getting that amazing sensation of craving a piece of celery or a sip of veggie broth.

I could not get myself excited to cook or eat. And I still just wanted cookies.

But today I think I got my groove back.

I asked Lizza, "What should we make?" And she had the best answer ever! "Play dough!!"

So, I started with purple play dough and then made every recipe I have cut and pasted and stored in the notes only phone in the last few weeks.

1. A special green juice
2. A raw cashew cream sauce
3. Sprouts
4. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins from chia seed, flax and out flour
5. Mild Pad Thai
6. Meatless burgers
7. Smoothies with carrot butter

I was non-stop and so happy.

The kids played with play dough when they got home and then scarfed down healthy muffins and smoothies when they realized it had been hours since they had eaten. Then they thought dinner was fun because I wrote on their plates with the cashew cream sauce. Some on them even ate it. I only yelled once, and it wasn't even at the people not eating.

I see the light, people. I see the light that says, "You're almost home, girl! You are almost back to the awesome place you once were in, and you're ready to move to even greater awesomeness of cooking, eating and living, mothering, and wife-ing."

P.S. The burgers didn't go well. I was even fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment