Saturday, October 10, 2015

Florida on my mind

Perspective is everything. I've never had an emotion about Florida before really. I flew here when I was five and had the time of my life, of course. But that was pretty much the extent of it. But since we moved to Nashville, and pretty much obsessed with Florida. I get this deep sigh of relief when I cross the border from Georgia into the land of many beaches. It's funny, because I profess to be obsessed with mountains, and I don't even think there's an incline here in sight. But miles and miles and miles and miles of beaches are kind of their own majesty. Their own mountain. I'm sure there's lots of problems with Florida. (But so far the only one I have found is the excessive amount of weird abortion billboards that line the highway on the drive down the middle of the state. And I guess probably there's an excessive amount of timeshare pitches here too.) But something about the serenity of the beaches, the feeling that they never end, and the warmth of my aunt Peggy with her endless effort and hospitality has made Florida a forever safe haven for me. An oasis in ... Ah ... The south? Anyway, I I love Florida. I love Peggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment