Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Evergreen: Day 1

So I love it. I love my new house. It's a townhome, which I never would've seen myself in. But I love it because it's ours and it's in Colorado. End of story. It's shocking and embarrassing how much I hated Tennessee. I just really hated it. I'm hoping I can put it all behind me now. I'm hoping to just grasp onto those few friends that were so precious to me there. Keep those people forever and let the rest just drift away. And it's working. I already feel at home in Colorado. I know that Evergreen isn't my dream small town. It's not a small town. But it is so close to perfect that it's easy to just look forward.

We joined the community center today on day 1, and we are taking the kids swimming after a dinner of finger foods in paper bowls. For now the kids are running around our big empty house right now having the time of their lives. Tim and I hid in a small corner of our even smaller master bedroom today. The kids were being unbelievably loud… But we reveled in the fact that it was two floors away. There were two floors between us and the crazies. We just held each other for a minute. So grateful.

The GPS doesn't understand Evergreen and sometimes tells me I am 2 miles away from something I can see across the street. So I have to go with my gut to find the natural food store, the kids school, and ... Um ... well, Wendy's for lunch. I accidentally drove by the middle school as it was letting kids out for the day, and I had the unbelievable desire to snatch up a new babysitter right off the bus stop. All in due time. It is a paradox that I don't like things to be too settled or too final in my life, but I also can't handle not having what I need right this minute.

The neighbors are Julie and Dave. Hope the pounding of Charlie's fat feet across my wood floors all day brings Julie back to a happy time of life and makes her long for adventure. One can only hope, right?

In summary: A poopy diaper smells as bad in Colorado as it does in Tennessee -- but I just tend not to notice. Rock, paper, scissors, shoot -- haha, you lose, your turn to change him. I'm busy blogging in an empty room.

No comments:

Post a Comment