Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cereal ice cream

This morning I was cleaning up a little in the kitchen. There was a plastic bowl with a little dry cereal in it. I tried to dump it out. Lizza took a huge breath in and screamed. "Don't, mama. That's for my cream." I look down in the bowl and saw A scoop of granola and a few Honey nut Cheerios. "Cream. I'm going to make cream." There was more talk of how she "has a recipe in my head." So I listened. And helped. And realized she wanted to make ice cream out of Cheerios and granola. And as I was throwing all the ingredients I she requested into the vita max, I couldn't help but feeling a little nostalgic for my own childhood and my own mixtures of my own smoothies made of God knows what. It was a moment of childhood, and I was happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment