Saturday, February 21, 2009

On a much happier note... A Baby Shower!





So, the other night my girlfriends and I were ditching a church activity and talking in the car about everything from make-up to baby names. They all seem to follow at least one stranger's blogs because the person posts all about the amazing crafts they sell and parties they throw... not my style... and they know it ... so we had a good laugh about it. When I told Melissa this morning that I was going to take pictures of the big event I threw for my dear friend Lindsay, she reminded me to BLOG ABOUT IT! So, here is the event ... Jill style ... the successes and the failures!


It started out as a Costco style menu -- easy to do, but kind of price for a one man show. I was off to buy the goods on Thursday, shoes on and all, when I noticed I only had $26 left in my bank account. New plan.

I rewrote the menu pretty fast. Have you ever spent less than $26 at Costco?

I decided to use this poor-woman's chance to decorate with food by making some pretty cakes. I baked for days, and this --Zoloft and all -- is what I came up with.




The colors were light blue and green. Here is the main food table complete with three cakes, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, chips and salsa (at the new mom's request) and - my personal favorite - ranch dip and veggies.





There were SUPPOSED TO BE 4 cakes. It was supposed to be a circle, two squares and a triangle. As you can see, the triangle didn't survive!!





Rest in Peace my little cake...





On to some successes... my clothes line with onesies turned out much better than the triangle cake.





For the sake of record keeping, here is the punch table. A punch bowl with Country Time lemonade, ice, frozen blueberries, and a few lemon slices.





Already dilated to a 4 1/2 ... Lindsay was ready for the party to start... and end... We've been joking for days that she only needed to keep that baby in until 3 p.m. on Saturday. Isn't she beautiful? Her baby Bennett and my new baby girl will only be a few months apart. We are so excited.





And when all was said and done by 3 p.m. Saturday, Lindsay had seen tons of people she loves, celebrated this new baby, and really collected some cute new stuff. One of my favorite gifts was the blanket in this picture. It was embroidered with "Bennett Roger." It came with burp clothes that said, "Benny." Loved them!

Love Lindsay! Loved throwing her a shower!


P.S. After everyone left, Tim brought Quinn home from their "date." I had suggested he take her to an indoor play place. He made other plans that apparently bored Quinn (A business meeting.) So he let her color all over herself with some highlighters while he finished the meeting. It was everywhere!! But I can't complain because he did the dishes after the shower. You win some! You lose some...


On her shirt! Says Tim: "Well, yeah, I watched her do it. But it was either that of a tantrum." (I was going to get mad, but I let her eat chap stick at Wal-mart on Wednesday to keep her quiet. Oops!)



She managed to get some on the paper ... and all over her hands. At least she's creative. After she added lemon bar goo to the mess on her hands, it was back in the bath.

6 comments:

  1. man im impressed you know how to do it well. even on a budget. nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job, Jill. I especially like the onesies. And the punch looks lovely :) I hope it tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome!!! It looked so cute! Good job...would never known it was done on such a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i had no idea you blogged our wonderful day! good thing 'owner of the band' is officially now in my tabs. now i can get a jill fix any time i want. so the shower...was beautiful. i really loved it friend.

    ReplyDelete