Monday, July 28, 2014

Inner Peace

About two weeks ago, I got a pain in my back that was horrifying. At first it felt like a slight pain I used to notice when I would lay in a hard surface on my back. I mentioned it to a few chiropractors, but only in passing, and they didn't fix it. But this pain was worse and came with a vengeance. I cried for a day and tried to get I to a doctor. One Dr canceled my appointment, and the other acted big and important and then did not fix me. I have it the weekend, and I got worse. Couldn't take deep breaths, couldn't lay down, couldn't sleep, couldn't sit in a chair. These are things that are pretty vital to the life of a pregnant woman! On Monday I got discouraged again and found another dr. This guy was Better and paid better attention. He said it would take him at least 3 days of treatments to fix it. And the week went on. I explained in another post that through the pain some of these days were better than norm days because they slowed me down and helped me get in a better, slower, more loving rhythm with my kids. I'm really grateful for that. At the end of 4 days -- the defeated doctor apologized that he can not help me. I panicked and cried for the rest of the day. The pain was crushing me as stealing my nesting time and relaxing time as I prep for my last baby to join me.

Alas, this are better this week. The pain is the same and sometimes worse. However, I spent the weekend healing in other ways. I pulled together my network of energy mindful friends, faithful friends, a living husband, and new friends. I took time to ponder my fears, worries, and regrets. I looked at diet and essential oils and decided to stop feeling guilty about taking a pain pill when I absolutely have to. I have a list of a few more options, and I have ore hope that instead of this back pain hurting the birth of my baby that the birth of my baby will heal me.

So inner piece is the route I am taking for now. It's mostly out of no other options. But I am pretty grateful to be forced to this place. A place of calm. A place of slowing down. A place of healing from the inside. Pretty powerful.

Thank you so much to the people who helped this weekend. I'd be lost without you and in so much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment