Saturday, August 30, 2014

Almost out!

Would have been nice to hear those simple words during delivery -- whispered quietly, "he's almost out!" LOL
But alas, they were not.

It turned out to be something different.

However, it is Saturday afternoon, and I am very close to breaking out of this joint ;).

Baby Brandon Charles has his discharge papers all done and the most beautiful digital photo album from a woman who came to do pictures in our room. They were awesome and being a nostalgic last time mom, I bought every shot! Stay tuned.

And ME -- I walked in here with my pillow and a big belly. And I'll be leaving in an hour with:

1) a giant baby
2) hypoglycemia
3) anemia
4) a psych consult (like from a real shrink)
5) and acute stress disorder
(And pain meds of course)

Yup, acute stress disorder. Not sure I needed a shrink to tell me this. But it is always nice to get a second opinion regardless of how commonly mine is correct. LOL

But I am also leaving with a thrilled and happy feeling to have a little family. A family that feels complete and joy that feels like it will hover for a long time. I have always felt that no matter the circumstances the joy in our family has grown and grown with each baby. I don't mean to say we are perfect and should be in a giant picture frame over any mantles. But for us -- for me -- life gets better with each addition. This is one of many ways I convinced my man to have another and another, and it continues to be the answer I give to people with loving and personal questions about our family planning. Life has gotten better with each baby. So why stop?!

Don't answer that --- because there are obviously many reasons to stop for many people. And for us -- although the joy might have kept growing, we are complete and done. I might even have my hands full, which is just the way I like it. A little too much to do and a good reason to enjoy a break.

So, in a few most hours, we'll be leaving here and soon united again. My joy won't be complete -- but my family be -- and my little ones and big ones will help me heal and progress passed this little (giant) trauma and onward toward the planning and re-planning of who we want to become -- as individuals and as a team.

Almost out of this hospital! Almost all better. Almost home.

... And only a little stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment