Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Homecoming

Well, we made it out if the hospital before 5 pm. Off we were to get home to our girls. I was excited to see them. Excited to be home. But completely NOT lying to myself about how stressful it could be to share my baby AND handle the noise of 3 angels on my acute stress disorder ears. Nevertheless -- Onward!!

I asked Tim to remember to drive slowly and not worry about getting ahead of slow drivers and things like this because it hurt my body when the car accelerated. I think HE THINKS he did this. But his "take it easy" freeway driving looks about how mine would if I was bleeding to death and trying to get to the hospital. But we made it.

The girls LOVE the baby. Kenna always loves babies, but it is beautiful to see her bright and shiny face when it is her baby. The others care for a little bit -- but they mostly care because Kenna cares, and they don't want to lose whatever contest that is. Kids.

Everyone it to hold him for a little bit before bed. And there were only a few fights. I got a few minutes to talk to my mom, but I am resigned to them needing her more than me. And she and I can chit chat over the phone I guess. She really is the best Grammy ever. She is spoiling everyone and probably not taking any time for herself. The house is filled with little treats and gifts for everyone. Roses for me. A new swing for Charlie. Rainbow loom bands for miles for Quinn and other favorites and items to pass around.

I do have to admit that I was surprised the kids wanted me home at all. But they did. They really did miss me. On one face time call before I came home, I had the screen beautifully centered on B, and Kenna kept saying, "MOM! Show me your face! Where are you?!"

Excited to watch them continue to love on their baby and hoping I get sleep someday. Charlie loves a 2 hours eating session in the night. This is NOT sleepy eating, Folks. It is gulping and loving it and not wanting to switch sides eyes wide open eating. I'll have to work around that. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment