Sunday, September 7, 2014

Brighter Spirits

Just wanted to check in and say that I'm feeling better -- physically -- and that helps with EVERYTHING. You can call me crazy all you want, but I'm a whole lot less crazy when my body isn't throbbing all over. I'm also a lot less crazy when I've got some amazing visitors who are giving their best to help. I've had bakers, cleaners, babysitters, and just people to talk to. It's not home. It's not family. But there is something amazing about having a stranger bring you dinner and new friend make you laugh. And that along with feeling physically better makes all the difference. I'm still tired. I still have rapid heartbeat. I still cry when I think of the birth or hear loud noises. But lots of things are healing and moving forward. I have vision for the future, and I'm giving myself allowance to breathe and heal. I think I wanted to badly to get right back to motherhood, back to being everything my kids need, but I get it now. It will take a little longer, and that is fine. Soon we'll all be having fun again.

Brightest Spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment