Friday, December 5, 2014

Great Expectations: free Legos 2014

I was so very sick this week. I couldn't work or move on Monday or Tuesday. But after some amazing drugs from the urgent care went coursing through my veins, I got a first wind and a horrible idea. My idea was to pack up the kids -- all four -- and drive in early rush hour to the busiest Christmasy area of Nashville and go to the biggest mall.

It gets better.

I would push a huge double stroller through the mall and head to the Lego store and stand in line with dozens of families to get each of my kids a free Lego kit. And then we would stand in line and wait for three spots to open up at the building table. And then we would build our first Lego projects that just so happen to beautifully be miniature Lego gingerbread houses.

I knew it was a horrible idea -- so off we went.

It shockingly went fine. Good even. And while the kids played at the mall play land after, Charlie and I jumped into the store across the way and found my dress, bra, AND Spanx for Avery's big wedding.

I guess sometimes a horrible idea -- with zero expectations -- can turn out just fine.

I heart gingerbread houses and will say yes to any kind, any time. It really could have shot me in the foot this time. But, alas, it did not. Long live the gingerbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment